Congrats on your engagement! We are so excited for you, weddings are one of our favorite events to be a part of. There is so much to think about and plan especially if you’re doing a destination wedding in SWFL! You have to find the perfect dress, venue, food… not to mention you have to find all the best vendors for your big day.
The question is should you add a spray tan to the list too?! The answer is yes! But you will want to take what I am about to tell you into consideration. To ensure you get the bridal glow of your dreams, here is a small list of steps you should follow!
WE KNOW YOU WANT YOUR TAN TO BE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT FOR YOUR WEDDING SO WE HAVE TO KEEP IT REAL, DO NOT GO TO A SPRAY TAN BOOTH, UV BED, OR USE SELF TANNER.
If you are going to tan for the big day, please choose a professional spray tan artist. As highly trained professionals at Viva La Bronze, we can customize the perfect tan you desire and that you will be happy to see for years to come in all your photos! By choosing a professional spray tan you have no risk of streaks from self tanning, UV sunburns, or a messy uneven tan from a booth.
To add to that, by choosing a professional airbrush tan for your wedding, you are giving yourself the gift of a flawless even tan. No white spots under the breasts, no booty lines, no weird-looking hands or feet just a gorgeous natural tan all over!
PREPARE FOR YOUR SPRAY TAN.
Prepping for your spray tan begins days before your appointment! Make your spray tan the last beauty service you need before the big day! All the services listed below will need to be done before your spray tan:
- mani & pedi
- hair color
- med spa treatments such as botox & fillers
PREP YOUR SKIN FOR YOUR TAN.
This will be the most important part on the bride’s end! Proper prep is key to getting that even color throughout the body!
- Exfoliate your full body with an exfoliating mitt. A loofah won’t count as an acceptable way of exfoliating. So make sure you grab the correct tool from any local drugstore or Amazon for a mitt. Seriously these are game changers and will make a big difference in how your tan turns out and how much longer it lasts.
- skip the oily body scrubs, you want to use all-natural scrubs and soaps. You’ll want to avoid products with sulfates, parabens and harsh chemicals. Avoid Dove soap before and after your tan as well.
- Come to your appointment with bare skin. Meaning no deodorant, lotions, perfumes, or anything else that will block your skin from absorbing the tan.
- Plan on putting on loose-fitting, dark clothing and flip-flops after your tan.
BOOK YOUR WEDDING TAN 2-3 DAYS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING.
Your spray tan is always its best on days 2-4! This also ensures nothing will rub off on your dress because it is fully developed after the first 24 hours. If at all possible book a trail tan at the same time you are doing hair and make-up so you can get a good idea of the overall look you will have on your wedding day.
FOLLOW ALL THE AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS TO KEEP THE TAN FRESH FOR A FULL 7-14 DAYS.
- Hydrate and moisturize your skin daily after the 24hr development period. Spray tans need moisture! Lotion yourself twice a day to keep the tan from looking “crackly” in the later days beautiful and fading evenly.
- Take shorter showers with lukewarm water for long-lasting results.
- Pat dry your skin after you shower or get out of the water don’t rub.
- Use all-natural products on your skin. Stay away from heavy, creamy lotions, oils, and retinol products. Avoid anything with mineral oil this will strip your tan.
- Try to only spend short periods at a time in the water, pools, ocean, etc.
TIPS FOR WHEN YOUR SPRAY TAN IS DEVELOPING.
This part is important! There is a time frame in which your tan is developing so you will want to be careful. The most critical time is after you have been sprayed and before you have done your first rinse. You still want to be very careful during the first 24hr after you spray because it is still developing.
- Do not touch your spray tan! Resting your hands on top of your fresh spray tan will turn the palm of your hands and fingertips tan. This can be challenging to remove. So be sure to rest without resting hands on yourself or crossing your legs and arms. Wearing long loose pants and a long sleeve t-shirt helps with this.
This is also critical if you are sleeping in your tan overnight. If you touch yourself while you’re sleeping your hands will get tan too!
- Stay dry! No sweating, no hand washing, no moisture anywhere, no going outside if it’s raining. This can leave an undeveloped mark on your tan. So plan to chill until its time for you to rinse.
WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID….
We think spray tanning for your wedding is a great idea and all of our brides would agree! We have on average anywhere from 2 to 5 weddings every week, so we know what we are doing! We are not your average spray tan we go above and beyond to make sure that every detail is perfect. All of our artists have been highly trained and have superior attention to detail.
You will be glowing from head to toe on your big day and that will truly show in all your photos and videos! Just keep in mind everything discussed above! Find the right spray tan artist for you, plan ahead, make sure your spray tan is the last appointment, prep your skin correctly, and you will have an amazing glow! Check out the gallery below of some of our most recent weddings.